Vector 2.0

Conduent creates digital platforms and services for businesses
and governments to manage millions of interactions every day
for those they serve.

Conduent works towards leveraging the power of cloud, mobile and IoT, combined with technologies such as automation, cognitive and block chain to elevate every constituent interaction, driving modern digital experiences that are more efficient, helpful and satisfying.

One of the platform that which used by the clients of conduent’s is the vector. Vector is the overall platform name for the application that which used by the CSR to automate the toll collections. The major problem that Conduent was facing was the usability of the Vector. Vector is built in a legacy system and came with many usability issues that needed to be fixed. Along with these, the CSRs who use the vector application work on the daily wage system, so whenever the CSR changed it was difficult for the new CSR to understand the whole system and thus affecting the performance of the overall system.

After looking at the problem the solution was not a simple straight way solution, I understood that Conduent needed a robust system, which has to be simple and easy to perform the day-to-day tasks. I was hired in the project as a product designer, my role was not just to design the overall system and as well develop the front end of the platform but also to think a step ahead and make the product, which can sustain in the market competing the products like salesforce and Microsoft CRM.

To kick-start the design, I started the project with defining the problem. After coming up with the solution I started the sketching the ideas followed by prototyping the application, I iterated the steps by conducting user testing and by comparing with the real time testing methods. One of the major fall back of this process is the time it takes to implement the design is more but on the brighter side this process helps us in getting accurate results.

After deploying the application, I ensured that I communicated with the CSRs who are using the modules, which are re-designed on the platform, and I could see that the efficiency of the CSR’s increased and they are able to perform the tasks at much faster rate comparing with the previous design.

This new redesign of the Platform had a huge impact on the overall platform. On the brighter side, it increased the efficiency, but since there were users, who were used to the system form quite a good number of time it was a big blow for them when the systems design changed and thus creating a friction for the old users to get into the system.

Previous Project LynkUp.
Next Project Dhaawat.